Monday, November 30, 2009

The Niqabi



In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Ah yes, it's been nine months since I have worn the niqab and i find myself having mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I'm practicing modesty and men do not disrespect me. but on the other hand, being a niqabi is a battle of an American Muslimahs place in society and what is acceptable. Behind the veil, I find myself battling to do right in my deen, to actually practice my beliefs in public and not be a coward or a hypocrite. The things I used to I can do no longer, like talking to men openly. Futhermore, I must always ask my husbands permission on everything. Insha'Allah, I will do better in actions as well as words.

May Allah bring peace and blessings upon you,
Muslimah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers